Updated 25 May 2018.
Kowrk is an online service that lets users find, compare, book and review coworking spaces, business centers and all other providers of shared working areas. Our Web site is owned and operated by Aion Consulting Pvt Limited. More details about the company can be found below under “How you can contact us.”
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Web site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
- What information we collect from you & how we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- How we protect your information
- External links
- How you can contact us
What information we collect from you & how we use your information
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, username and password. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general, some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to write reviews, participate in discussion forums, e-mail content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others
You will have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Web site. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Kowrk with their personal information.
Information from Other Sources
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit Kowrk by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third-party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your username, password, and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Website.
If you make use of any Kowrk.com social media features, either on our website, an App or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. For example, we offer the option to register with our website via the “Facebook Connect” feature, allowing you to register with our website using your Facebook account data without entering the required data manually on our webpage. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access information such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of an App that we run on their website.
Automatic Collection of Information
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit Kowrk. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
- To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable non-essential types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Information About Your Location
When you use Kowrk.com on a mobile phone or tablet device (“Device”), we will collect and use information about you in broadly the same way and for substantially similar purposes as when you use a Kowrk.com website. In addition, we may collect information about your location, if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application, via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We will use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application. For example, we may use your location to show you reviews of coworking places near you. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
How we use your information
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a coworking place or listed your property, we will send you e-mail messages at the email address you provide to us.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent cowork-related interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Legal bases for processing information under the GDPR (for users in the EEA)
For Kowrk users in the the European Economic Area (EEA), Kowrk processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how Kowrk may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it. This means that Kowrk will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Service and fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms of Service.
- It is justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the Service (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services.
With whom we share your information
With your consent, we may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Affiliated Web sites. If you were referred to kowrk from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and other preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to Kowrk.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Kowrk, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on Kowrk, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable by clicking your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs (e.g. traveller networks and private messaging), other Kowrk members may contact you by using Kowrk as an intermediary; however, Kowrk will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All Kowrk members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular coworking places. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
You can access, print, correct and update your contact information by visiting this website’s Account section. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
By providing your personal information to us through this website or any App, you accept that we may retain your information. We may continue to process account-related information in order to fulfil our legitimate business objectives, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the historical record and analytical purposes. We employ robust technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to account information.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on this website.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- When you register as a member, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about special offers as well as email messages about products and services of selected third parties. As a registered member, you can modify your choice at any time on the Communication Preferences page. Whether registered as a member or not, you will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, relating either to your account or to your transactions, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You may have the opportunity on our website to provide a mobile number in order to receive confirmation details.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using our website, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Cross-border transfers of information (for users in the EEA)
For Users in the EEA, where we transfer your information to a third party provider that is not located in the EEA, and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information. From time to time we may also seek your consent to transfer your information to a third country outside the EEA.
Compromise of information
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Kowrk will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Rights in respect of your Information
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Users in those jurisdictions may have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information;
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some circumstances Kowrk may not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another User. We may also be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so. In some cases, you may have shared your information with third parties, in that case Kowrk will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact that third party directly.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you may be entitled to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
How long we keep your User Content
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Kowrk may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, Kowrk may retain your information for the purpose of comply with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
How you can contact us