A coworking space serves as a melting pot for its clientele comprising freelancers and new entrepreneurs. One of the biggest advantages of a coworking space is the networking opportunities it offers to its users. But the big question here is – How does one network authentically at a coworking space? Well, Kowrk is here to help you understand the best way to do this. First and foremost, always remember to be genuine, original and authentic. Here are some pointers that should prove valuable for coworkers who wish to grow their network.
1) Try to strike up conversations: Very often we are not comfortable talking to strangers. But, working at a coworking space all by your self is a bit of an oxymoron. The best way to break the ice is to start with a smile or a nod, move on to ‘hi/hello’ and then strike up small conversations. Ask questions and let people talk. You will just need to speak few words and the conversation can start. Good conversation starters can be ‘How long have you been here?’, ‘Which company are you working for?’ And before you know it, you would have made a friend out of a stranger!
2) Share your knowledge: Be open to sharing your knowledge and expertise with others. If your coworking space organizes talks then it is always a good idea to volunteer.
3) Help others connect: Be open to connect people with others in your network. Nothing grows connection faster than connecting different people. If you have been going to a particular coworking place for a longish time then chances are that you will know the other users pretty well. In that case always offer your help to connect new people with the others there. Make coworking an enjoyable experience for the new comers.
4) Share your marketing collaterals: Networking while giving away your marketing swags works every time. Give yourcompany’s branded things like pens, paper pads, mugs, file cover, coasters etc. to your coworkers and strike a conversation while doing that
5) Socialize: You can’t increase your circle until you start socializing. If your coworking space organizes social events then do show up.Make it a point to mingle and talk with everyone there. And if it doesn’t organize such events then you can try and organize a small informal get together yourself. Maybe go out for a Pizza together or even catch a movie.
6) Listen others: Nothing puts off another person as much as talking to a person who is constantly talking about themselves and their own endeavors. Don’t ever let a conversation become one sided. Share your experiences but ask others about theirs.
Truly, a coworking space is ideally suited to providing immense opportunities to those who wish to increase their professional as well personal circle. So, cowork to grow your network!6 easy ways to authentically #network with people at your #coworking #space Click To Tweet